Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Last Wednesday


So, I'll just do a sort of day by day of our vacation in Port Huron, MI. Last Wed started with Drew and I leaving San Diego airport with my parents. I was especially anxious about flying because I had no idea how little Drew would do on the plane for that long. We had a VERY small layover in Chicago, so I knew he would be able to get off the plane and stretch his legs for a bit, but it was only enough time to get something to eat to take on the plane with us and then rush to the next gate. He did wonderfully!! He was awesome. Play-doh was a hit!! I didn't even have to reach into his toy bag to get out too many distractions for the long flight. Thankfully, my dad's friends let us borrow their little dvd player, so I started a Veggie Tales for him when he was getting antsy, and it actually put him right to sleep. He only slept for a little while, but the flight did not seem as long as it really was. Once we got into Detroit, we picked up our rental car and checked into our hotel. Our small hotel room seemed so much smaller with all of our luggage in it, but we were only staying there for one night, so it worked just fine. We went to dinner at Chele's (don't even know if that is spelled correctly), a sports bar and restaurant in Dearborne named after some Detroit Red Wings hockey player. The food was great, but Drew was falling asleep in the high chair as he ate his chicken fingers. It was so cute!! We made it back to the room before the storm hit, thankfully. It was the biggest and loudest rain, thunder, and lightening storm I have ever seen or heard. I know that isn't saying much as I have grown up in southern California most of my life, but it was so neat. The "crib" we had requested for the room was actually one of the oldest and ricketiest pack-n-plays that I have ever seen, so I opted to just have him sleep in bed with me. He slept great - sideways and upside down. That boy moves in his sleep!! The pic is of Thursday morning leaving the hotel. Drew was actually pushing the cart and my dad was just steering it. He is such an independent person. Thursday was the day Eric was flying in, so I was looking forward to picking him up in the afternoon!!

No comments: