Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Radio Flyer Tricycle





I found a great deal on http://www.craigslist.com/ for a brand new (in the box) Radio Flyer tricycle for Drew. Normally this bike costs $75 and I found a lady in town selling it for $20!! I jumped at the opportunity to get Drew a tricycle and actually was the first person to contact her, and bought it. I was so excited to have Eric come home and put it together with Drew. It was really hard for Drew to understand that Eric needed the different pieces to put it all together, but they managed to do all right. Once the entire thing was put together, all that was left was to put the seat on and a bolt in it to secure the seat to the frame. Wouldn't you know that the bolt DOES NOT fit!! I can't exactly return the bike. So, I resigned myself to having to call Radio Flyer and ask for them to send a new bolt. But, my handy and creative husband went on a hunt in his work bench and found a bolt that fit perfectly. Well, it is much longer than the original, but it works. So, Eric finished the bike with Drew crying really hard because all he wanted to do was play on it and he didn't understand that he needed to wait just a little while longer for it to be ready. It is a little too big for him so far, but I am sure he will grow into it sooner than we would like!

2 comments:

Pink is God's said...

You guys are such great parents!

Tonya said...

Oh my gosh, I love that he's trying to get on buck naked! He's a brave boy! You'll have to post a video of him riding it!