Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Rest of the Trip






Okay, so I don't want to go day by day so much...I guess I am too lazy, or I just don't have the time. Eric flew in Thursday and was set to arrive in the afternoon in Detroit, so my parents took Drew and me to Greenfield Village (http://www.hfmgv.org/) for the day. It was so much fun - very hot and humid, but great. We rode on a train and had frozen custard. Drew enjoyed himself so much. We headed back towards the airport to go get Eric only to find out that he had been bumped (he was flying on a pass thanks to my wonderful cousin who is a pilot for Southwest). He didn't end up getting in until 11pm! But, it was fun just hanging out with my parents at the airport. We then drove to Port Huron that night and got into bed around 2am!! Long day, but Drew did marvelous. Friday was full of sightseeing around Port Huron. Seeing the homes where my parents grew up, their high schools, the house where I was born, all that fun stuff. Saturday and Sunday we spent time up at the lake house that my aunt and uncle had rented for them, their kids, and their grandkids. It was a beautiful log cabin right on the lake. It was so awesome to see family and spend that time all together. Monday was my Grandma's memorial service, which was beautiful and a wonderful celebration of her life. We all went to eat at Coney Island afterwards and had coney dogs in honor of her. Thankfully, Eric was able to fly back with us the whole way home and Drew once again amazed me. I think it helped that the flight wasn't full, so he had his own seat right between Eric and me. He slept some and played with his Play-doh. It was a wonderful trip, but it is so nice to be home as well. Yesterday was consumed with laundry and unpacking...and Drew took a four and a half hour nap. He was just plain tuckered out after traveling. Thanks Mom and Dad for a memorable and amazing trip back home.

No comments: